Indo-Asian News ServiceNew Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Several new albums have hit the stands but not a single one seems good enough to replace A.R. Rahman’s “Barso re” from the top slot.
The top 10 Hindi film songs for the week are:
1. “Barso re” – Film: “Guru”; Music Director: A.R. Rahman; Singer: Shreya Ghoshal. The hugely popular song about welcoming the rains and featuring Aishwarya Rai once again retains its premier position this week.
2. “Aafreen tera chehra” – Film: “Red”; Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya; Singer: Himesh Reshammiya. A love song with a dollop of passion and craziness is ruling the music charts despite the film failing to create ripples at the box office.
3. “Maula mere” – Film: “Anwar”; Music Director: Mithoon; Singer: Roop Kumar Rathod. The Sufi number laced with romance is moving up and down on the list.
4. “Crazy kiya re” – Film: “Dhoom 2”; Music Director: Pritam; Singer: Sunidhi Chauhan. This is another Aishwarya song on the list. The fast number sets your foot tapping and is a visual treat as well.
5. “Salaam-e-Ishq” – Film: “Salaam-e-Ishq”; Music Director: Shankar -Ehsaan-Loy; Singers: Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Kunal Ganjawala, Sadhana Sargam and Shankar Mahadevan. Lavishly shot in true Yash Chopra style, the song has slipped down on the list.
7. “Aaj ki raat” – Film: “Don”; Music Director: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; Singers: Alisha Chinoy, Mahalakshmi Iyer, Sonu Nigam. A well-picturised song, “Aaj ki raat” boasts of style and creativity.
8 “Sajani vaari” – Film: “Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd”; Music: Vishal-Shekhar; Singers: Sunidhi Chauhan and Shekhar Ravjiani. It’s a great track with a folk touch. Sunidhi is at her best in the song that has an amazing dance vibe.
9. “Rozana” – Film: “Nishabd”; Music Director: Vishal Bharadwaj; Singer: Amitabh Bachchan. “Rozana” can be termed as an awesomely romantic and sensuous number.
10. “Saiyaan re” – Film: “Salaam-e-Ishq”; Music Director: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; Singers: Shilpa, Shankar Mahadevan, Loy Mendonsa. A fusion of Indo-Western music, the song with a qawalli touch is a treat to watch.
(Source: The Music Shop, Khan Market, New Delhi)