Indo-Asian News ServiceNew Delhi, (IANS) Several new songs have made it to the list of top ten this week too and Shantanu Moitra’s “Chanda re” from “Eklavya” has occupied the number one position in its maiden appearance.
The top 10 Hindi songs for the week are:
1. “Chanda re” – Film: “Eklavya”; Music: Shantanu Moitra; Singer: Hamsika Iyer. The song has a slow pace, is romantically poetic and Hamsika’s melodic voice makes it worth listening.
2. “Rozana” – Film: “Nishabd”; Music Director: Vishal Bharadwaj; Singer: Amitabh Bachchan. “Rozana” can be termed an awesomely romantic and sensuous number.
3. “Maula mere” – Film: “Anwar”; Music Director: Mithoon; Singer: Roop Kumar Rathod. The Sufi number laced with romance is doing well. Due to its popularity it has moved seven notches up from number 10, landing at third position.
4. “Barso re” – Film: “Guru”; Music Director: A.R. Rahman; Singer: Shreya Ghoshal. After staying on the number one position for weeks, the hugely popular song that welcomes the rains has slid to fourth position this week.
5. “Chakna” – Film”; “Namaste London”; Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya; Singer: Himesh Reshammiya. This dance number is already doing the rounds in discotheques. The song has beats that make sure listeners enjoy the track even if they are not on a dance floor.
7. “Aaj ki raat” – Film: “Don”; Music Director: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; Singers: Alisha Chinoy, Mahalaxmi, Sonu Nigam. An impressive mix of modern and traditional, the song is popular for its beats.
8. “Crazy kiya re” – Film: “Dhoom 2”; Music Director: Pritam; Singer: Sunidhi Chauhan. The fast number sets your foot tapping and is a visual treat as well.
9. “Come on come on” – Film: “Baabul”; Music Director: Aadesh Shrivastava; Singers: Amitabh Bachchan, Sonu Nigam, Vishal, Aadesh Shrivastava, Ranjit Barot. A celebration song, “Come on come on” is quite popular among the party circuits.
10. “Saaze dil” – Film: “Yaatra”: Music Director: Khayyam; Singer: Talat Aziz. The semi-classical ghazal sung by Talat Aziz is definitely worth listening.